Tuesday, November 30, 2010

BITTER to BETTER PART I

A Mini Story of Finding
& Loosing Love






Thinking back to the beginning when the sky's opened-up & you had my heart, my mind all wrapped-up in you. The days when everything was effortless, but the anticipation of getting to know you more was magical. Magical that we both wanted the same thing to know more than what was on the surface. Too know ones dreams, aspirations & desires for life. You listen mesmerized to the every breath that I breathe without interruption. Just wanting to know me on a deeper level. Taking it way back to courting, chivalry the way our parents did it. Could this be a dream? Let me pinch myself too good to be true you say? Our conversations would be for hours on end; closing down the restaurants to look-up & be the only patrons still there. The people, good food, great ambiance didn't matter. The most important thing at that very moment I was with you & you with me & we were learning something new about one another every chance we got. Even when we weren't together you made sure I was thought of if only for a moment & vice verse. Yes, we were courting & it felt so good. I had no problem showing you just how much I was feeling you. Romantic dinners even after a long day of work, taking walks through the canyons & discovering new sites not only with the universe, but in each other. As we said our evening good byes we hug for long intense moments like we would never see each other again. Finally to let go after what seemed like 15 mins. to walk away & continue turning back often a wink or to blow a kiss. The essence of falling in "LOVE" is hitting us both like a mack truck. The words go Un-spoken, but we both know we want more of what we our now calling a committed relationship.


Now is the pressure on? Will things change now that we are definitely an item? I'm yours-you're mine, however not so much as property. We have total respect for each another & the connection is mutual. You continue to tell me there's so much I want to share with you, do with you bring you into my world 100%. I want to court you & treat you as the queen you are. You questioned once again could this be true? Is this real? Just waiting for that thunder storm to come in. The skies have been sunny for way too long the thunder storm is coming you tell yourself. But until then your rain protection is on & internally you continue to enjoy the ride. You look forward to the good morning calls-he saying babe have a beautiful day & some added extras of sweetness, followed by a text saying "TOU" code for Thinking of You, along with weekly deliveries of something that only he knew was special to you. The connection, the communication, the substance you're receiving was oh so tender & sweet.

Months-Months go by you both have put in time with the relationship. What's the Catch? You're still waiting on the thunder storm this is too good to be true. Now he's discussing a future with you, he tells you he's even more motivated to expand his business because of you. You bring inspiration to him, however this causes him to put in more time. It sounds good in the beginning but slowly the quality time is taken away from you, the communication is still there. You see he's trying to juggle it all, but you start to give him grief. What use to be several days a week of quality time has turned into 1 maybe 2. You're not happy with it at all & make it know. You start to turn something GREAT into BITTER & sabotage the relationship. Internally you always felt it was just too magical & maybe you didn't deserve a man like this. Could it have been the perfect scenario to hurt him before he hurt you?

Stay Tuned for Part II Bitter to Better. A Mini Story of Finding & Loosing Love. Have you ever thought you meet Mr. Right, but the timing was all wrong? Please share by replying with a comment to this post.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Kimberly for writing such a great post, I can totally relate. There was a time, 20 days ago to be exact, that I almost turned a better relationship into a bitter relationship. Luckily, with lots of meditation and faith in God, I decided to put past hurts & let downs in their proper place--the past! Today I'm taking my new relationship day by day and am looking forward to all the good times him and I will share in days to come.

    ReplyDelete