Wednesday, September 1, 2010

BIRTHDAY LETTER IN SEARCH OF A "BETTER ME"

09.01.10
Today is the beginning of my Birthday Month...
Birthday Letter in Search of a "Better Me"


~Starters~I know for most of us we start off by reading our daily horoscope for the day. If it says something wonderful we believe it. If its not exactly what we want to hear we call it hog wash. We'll I must admit occasionally I do view my daily horoscope, but regardless if the outcome is favorable or not so favorable ; I know it's just something to get me going. What I read doesn't make what will happen for that day. I make what will happen for that day, by my thoughts and actions. So for the sake of FUN I'm going to share what my Horoscope says for the month of September provided by Glamour Magazine Glamourscope & Cosmo Astrologer. Just to give you an insight my Birthday falls on the cusp, so sometimes I'm a Virgo and other times I'm a Libra. I'm definitely a true VIRGO though.

Virgo/Libra Cusp (September 19-23):Virgo is ruled by Mercury, is an Earth element and Mutable (changeable) in quality. Libra is ruled by Venus, is an Air element and Cardinal (active) in quality. Virgo's devotion to lending aid and support works quite nicely with Libra's need to create partnership. The best balance between the two is by starting an endeavor that benefits others through the expression of creativity, beauty or love.

"Happy Birthday Virgo"Glamourscope

Why You're Wonderful: Earthy and centered , you're a non material girl in a material world. Why You're Impossible: You like things perfect, but that sometimes prompts you to criticize those who love you most. Please ease up!


The new moon and mercury in your sign means you're oozing confidence right now. Your can-do attitude is contagious. On September 13, ask for what you want and others will be more than happy to help.

Cosmo Astrologer: Get a sneak peek at what to look forward to... and what to watch out for.

Strength: Devoted, independent, vivacious
Weakness: Snippy, skeptical, obsessive
What makes you sexy: Thanks to your straight-shooter style and gregarious nature, it's easy for you to collect friends where ever you go. Guy's can't help but fall hard for your adventurous spirit...and your super-coy smile.

Your birthday month: You're game for new experiences under exhilarating Mercury around the 3rd. Sign up for lessons that sound challenging, anything from baking to belly dancing. Succeeding at a new activity boosts your confidence; use that surge to tackle an ambitious work project of fearlessly flirt with your crush. Dating tip: The guy you're seeing wants to lock you down for himself near the 7th. You do like him and he has prime BF potential, but you must put on the brakes and take it slow. Love advice: Was too steamy to write. (Sorry)

Both horoscopes have some favorable points that are true in nature and can be a guide for certain situations. Just to touch on a few: By no means am I perfect, but I do like organizational and structure in my life. I don't believe in sugar coating what needs to be said and live by Mean What You Say & Say What You Mean. I will get into more detail as the month progress's on Life Lessons In Search of Happiness for a Better Me. A little look into my life as a Daughter, Sister, Auntie, Friend, Confidant, Mentor and Entrepreneur.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME~
Living life like everyday is a FABULOUS Party...

Every year prior to my Birthday month I reflect on the year and review goals, dreams ambitions I have set out for myself. Whether I have accomplished them or not. Life isn't a dress rehearsal and each day counts for something. Life is short and it goes by so quickly. I remember when I was 29 and let it be know I'm still 29 (smile). One thing I can truly say is I'm blessed to have good genes. Thank you Mommy. It doesn't stop there though, but I'll get into a little later. Celebrating another birthday is a blessing and not to reflect on your life is a disadvantage to the growth of you as an individual. I started with the horoscope to set a tone, that it's all in FUN, however my daily recipe for guidance in my life is "GOD". Without him nothing is possible and my guidance & direction for my life comes from faith and daily prayer. Each morning the first thing I do is pray and give thanks for another day along with Reading Today's Word from Joel & Victoria Osteen and then watching my morning pick me up with Creflo Dollar. Having a strong foundation of faith is key and the shield to get me through each day. I would be dishonest if I said I don't encounter obstacles, however if you follow my Blog you will know where I stand on overcoming obstacles, so I won't go into it here.

Life Lessons In Search for Happiness
(Part II Coming Soon)


I recently wrote an article for Weddzilla on 5 Things I Recommend Every Women To Do Prior To Marriage ~ Life Lessons In Search for Happiness. The responses and replies I received were overwhelming and I was ask to share more tips on Life Lessons In Search for Happiness. Over the month of September, I will share 22 Reasons Why I'm a Better Me. Why 22? because it's my Birthday. Celebrating your Birthday is a moment in time to reflect on your life. If things aren't going perfectly for you, you didn't get the promotion, you broke it off with your boyfriend or girlfriend, you're not where you expected to be in life; those are all just obstacles that you may have encounter. It doesn't mean it will be that way forever. It's your life and if you want better things to happen then you need to stepped out on faith and push, pray until your dream has come true. No one makes it happen for me, but "ME" I create my own destiny and have the determination and ambition to succeed as far as my dreams will lead me. Of course my ultimate cheerleader is "GOD" directing my footsteps one step at a time.

I have had to clean house of many things, people who were holding me back or didn't have my best interest at heart. There comes a time in life where you just get it. It has nothing to do with you, but more about "Me" and what I want for my life. Happiness Inside & Out. Genuinely to BE HAPPY. I'm on a mission for a "BETTER ME" and sometimes that means in order to expand your vision you must close the window on others.

I’ve encounter frustrations, distractions, challenges along the way. Things we all go through in life, however it has made me a "BETTER ME" because of it. I have truly come into my own . What that means is I have finally arrived to be comfortable in my own skin and that is ultimately a refreshing feeling to have. By me sharing my experiences , hopefully I can reach one teach one. You only live one life, make the most of it. With no disappointments and no regrets. I'm often ask what are your plans for the next 5 years? As I have said life is not a dress rehearsal, but the wedding planning process is. My career (drezrehersal) is a LIFESTYLE and my plan is to continue to live everyday like its a FABULOUS Party.

To learn the 22 Steps to a Better Me, please Like Us on Facebook and view my daily tips to a "BETTER ME". My Birthday gift is to share my experiences on my  journey to "GREATNESS". If one of my tips can help another, than I'm truly grateful. 

Happy Birthday to a "BETTER ME"
~Kimberly~

*Photography Provided By: Manalo Empire Photography