Monday, October 24, 2011

MOCHA WRITER turns MOCHA WIFE...


the drezrehersal...

Jamie Fleming-Dixon
Better Know As
Mocha Writer
I had the pleasure of speaking with Jamie Fleming what seems like now years ago.  She interviewed me for her Blog for colored girls. FCG, a personal development blog inspiring & empowering women to live their most Fabulous lives. Something I truly believe in 24-7. Since than Jamie & I have not only developed a business relationship, but a personal sister-ship. I know how complicated it can be when you're a entrepreneur, daughter, sister, good friend, and girlfriend turned fiancee. All while trying to have quality time for yourself. We'll I'm happy to say she can add “WIFE” to those fabulous list of titles.

the details...

Although I wasn't the planner for her wedding I stayed very close to her as she prepared for this precious day. Just like a mama bear making sure she received all the right things, while trying to enjoy the planning process at the same time. Preparing for a wedding can be a difficult task, when you have many hats to wear. If I saw a Facebook post or Tweet I found alarming. I was on it right away making sure she stayed focused and remembering the real reason for this “UNION”.

drezrehersal Tip... If relationships were easy; we would "ALL" be in one. The easy part is falling in "LOVE". The hard part is "Staying in Love".


Jamie & Christopher's
Engagement Session
A Day of Fun & Falling In Love
all over again
Planning a wedding can be extremely stressful and bring out parts of you, neither of you knew you had. I always recommend before a couple even considers taking that step. You must get real with each other. If you think planning a wedding is stressful,  just think about spending a lifetime with someone you no longer LOVE.

I didn't need to worry about this with Jamie she's a writer and writer's are methodological. Following steps and checking all the fine details. Their “UNION” is solid. As business associate, sister friend and most importantly a Wedding Planner who always wants the details... I'm happy to share a Q & A and a sneak peek into Mocha Writer now Mocha Wife Wedding Day.Enjoy

the I Do's...

1. Mocha Groom & Mocha Bride say I Do...?
Answer: We Do... Mr. Christopher Dixon and Mrs. Jamie Fleming-Dixon.


Ques: 2. Please share with our readers the date, location of ceremony & wedding?
Answer: Both the ceremony and reception were held at the John W. Swails Center at Emmanuel College in Royston, GA.


Ques: 3. Did you two say your own vows? If yes, what was expressed.
Answer: Chris & I decided to go with the traditional wedding vows. Our eyes spoke those un-spoken words that only him & I knew just how much this day meant to us.


Ques: 4. How Will you Honor your Commitment to your Husband?
Answer: I will love him through good and rough times, always be a shoulder to lean on; I will respect him as a man, encourage and comfort him when necessary. I will stay true to him and be the best woman and wife I can possibly be.


Ques: 5. What does LOVE mean to you?
Answer: Love means: being free completely, 100% be yourself, still loving someone when you don’t like their behavior, picking and choosing your battles wisely, letting go, trusting that someone else has your best interest at heart. I also love this quote that I think defines love: "Love is giving someone the chance to break your heart, but trusting them not to."


Ques: 6. What was the most memorable part of your wedding? I like to hear both your answers.  
Jamie's Answer: Both my mom and dad walked me down the aisle; the plan was for my mom to walk until she got to her seat, and my dad would walk me to the altar. Well, apparently, my mom couldn’t figure out where her seat was, so she was talking all the way down the aisle. My dad and I kept shushing her, telling her to be quiet and telling her that she would know when to sit down, but she kept talking. So, basically, we talked the whole way down the aisle, and I was shaking my head…it was fun though. (Brides chuckles after answering).
Christopher's Answer: My nephew (the ring bearer) cried during the whole ceremony, and my brother kept trying to cover his mouth and wipe his nose. (Groom chuckles after answering).


Ques: 7. If you could do it all over again-What would you do different?
Answer: I would not let other people stress me out, and I wouldn’t stress myself out either. I would’ve reminded myself that although my wedding day is one of the most important days in my life, it’s just one day.






Always Follow GOD's Footsteps
for a Blessed Union.
Thank you Jamie & Chris. You both know just how much I love your #5 answer. So my advice to you when times get tough and each of you feel you're right. Think back to that answer and I can guarantee you things won't seem so bad. Better yet write the Ques & Answer down and place it in a frame with your favorite wedding photo. It will become your peace maker.


Congratulations again. Myself and the drezrehersal team wishes you both a beautiful union of eternity. To learn more about Jamie Fleming-Dixon better know as Mocha Writer, please follow her on Twitter or view her inspiring Blog for colored gurls.

Until next time live FABULOUS...

Photography By: Nakeshia Saunders of NakeshiaRenee Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment