Monday, January 16, 2012

A DAY OF HEALING... FORGIVING & FORGETTING



In reflection of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. these two words come to mind this morning. Forgiving & Forgetting. A great man who sought out the unconditional acceptance of others no matter what obstacles he encounter. Although they were high mountains to climb, his persistence in equality set the tone for freedom. Freedom to heal your heart, embrace a dream that you will not be judge by the color of your skin, but the content of your character. 


On this day I honor a leader who took the steps of “Innovation” to make it a universe for all to live without judgment. I ask that you remember this day, but not forget the struggles of the past that have brought about innovation. We still have a long way to go, but greatness doesn't come easy. Continue to build your character to becoming a person of compassion, patience &  grace. Look at others as unique individuals, building them up, not tearing them down by chipping away at their character.


Healing...

The healing process of forgiving & moving forward can be the best medicine for your spirit. Holding on to angry isn't healthy nor or you harming anyone, but yourself. Usually the other person has already moved on. In the meantime you are still holding on to toxins in your body that will eventually manifest in your life. Forgiving is a cleansing process that takes time. You must often visit the incident to understand what got you to this place. Regardless if you were the victim or the victor (so to speak) you must come to peace with yourself. Moving on without having a proper burial, will only reincarnate itself in the future. There are no “Winners” in the end.

The Burial-Testimony...

Hi Kim,
 
It was such a pleasure sharing with you on Twitter yesterday. I'm always open to sharing my story if it will help someone. I always tell people to live your life holding a grudge, being mad, angry,bitter, and unforgiving will kill your very soul. One will become sick and unable to successfully live life to the fullest. And truthfully, it will be so hard for anyone to really 
like and embrace you. I'm a witness. To answer your question I grew up hating my father he was an alcoholic who was mean, hateful, prejudice, verbally, and physically abusive at times to both my mother and my siblings.  I never knew what it was like to have a father/daughter relationship like most of my friends did and that really bothered me. My parents divorced when I was 16. I was happy, yet still angry about all he put us through as a family. I'm at total peace now. Even without the relationship. I've learned to be fulfilled in Christ
in all things. Even in the most difficult times in my life.

I now see myself as a survivor (in Christ Jesus). I look back and say it all happened for many reasons. And it all has a lot to do with who I am today. I don't have to live in my yesterday at all for any reason! It's over with its dead and everyone should tell their yesterday to drop dead!

I do hope my testimony will help someone to let go. 

Blessings,
Tywana


Tywana is a fellow event planner & follows me on twitter. Over the past few months she has engage in my Food for the Soul tweets & other postings. If my messages can make you take a step back , thinking of what's really important in life. Then engaging on twitter is a blessing. Tywana sharing her very personal story with me was due to a tweet I posted last week on twitter See below:

My Tweet from @weplanevents: I don't believe N holding grudges. Nothing good comes from it & its not what God desires 4U. Release/move on, but still walk N #♥ UR Thoughts

@TywanaT reply: @weplanevents some may find it hard. But, by faith you can do it. Just know its so much easier to love than it is hold a grudge & be angry.
@TywanaT reply: @weplanevents I'm a witness that life is to precious to live that way.

My reply: @TywanaT You have a testimony to share?

Now for anyone who is on twitter. You know you can only tweet 140 characters. Tywana & I had to take her message to email. Her story was so moving I just had to share with others. You can't let others blocked your blessings, unfortunately it can be members of your family. Although you will go through a deep valley . once you release all the pebbles. The mountain top is clear & bright.

Dr. Martin Luther King message embodies just that. A dedicated husband, father, leader and peace maker. That no matter what, the dream is possible. It takes a team, but begins with you. I commend Tywana for sharing her testimony. With age comes wisdom. A continued healing process over time that has made her surrender to better.

Today being a day of service in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. "I AM" a work in progress “Innovation”. Honoring Dr. King today is a reminder that "Change" is still needed. I'm doing my part, Will you? “Walk In Love."

If you have a testimony you like to share that set you free. Please reply to this post or email us. Your message just might give peace of mind to someone who really needs it.

Food for the Soul...Expect "Innovation." Forgiving & Forgetting can be difficult. On the other hand forgiving heals your heart while forgetting makes it available too beat to blessings instead of burdens. #growth

Until next time live FABULOUS...

Disclaimer: The testimony provided was permitted to share: by Tywana Tyler. If her story help you, please send her a Tweet. You may also view our Twitter thread dated: January 10
th.

1 comment:

  1. To God be the Glory!! This blog post is so on time for such a time as this. Once again, I do thank you personally. If one person's life is effected or changed in any away, my heart will be so glad, but, most of all, God will be glorified!

    One must realize that forgiving is moving forward and choosing to never bring that matter up ever again. Moving in all is all apart of the healing process. No matter what anyone says or does, one must want to move on. One must decide to live or die. One must decide to Love themselves, love God, and love others. Or, not love at all. Take it from me, choose life, choose love!

    To the person who reads this blog and you're in a unforgiven state because someone or somebody hurt you. Make a resolve today to change, to forgive, to live, to love, to no longer be bound and held captive. Make a resolve to move forward, to succeed, to serve God with your whole self. Make a resolve to be a vessel God can use. Know that in an unforgiven state, God can't use you and you're pretty much no good to anyone else either. (yet again, I'm a witness). Love is the Key. And God is everything you'll every, every need.

    Blessings to all who will read! Blessings to you Kimberly!

    ReplyDelete