Sunday, November 18, 2012

2012 Black Girls Rock Profound Quotes




Black Girls Rock Fashion, Beauty,  and Power: One question that is often presented to me  is What Encompasses Beauty?  Over the years I have shared many quotes as what I think defines beauty although, the meaning will vary with each individual woman. Finding the true essence of what defines your style & beauty must come from within. I believe every woman has her defining style whether its through the twinkle in her eye, the fullness of her lips,  the sway in her stride or the strength in her presence. I can walk-up to an individual and compliment her without a second thought that she is competition. We must learn to support each other, as a team, we can be  more effective standing together, than trying to stand alone.  An inspiring moment I look forward to every year is "Black Girls Rock"  as I sit and watch the show, for me its not about color, but the character these women exude should make any woman strive to be and do better.  Each year I have a take away that I share and below is last years.
Black Girls Rock (BGR)
B~Beautifully
G~Gratifying
R~Remembrance
that "WE" Matter...
~Kimberly~

BGR- Inspires me to look deep within the essence of not only myself, but also the power of other women. POWER isn't just about leadership. Understanding that each one of us is in control of turning the power within on. Owning the inner essence of who you are ; who you want to be, and allowing yourself to have a support team that guides you all the way. While dressing-up and getting GLAM is fun, true GLAM is "God Loves Always Magnifies." To view last years Black Girls Rock.


2012 Black Girls Rock Profound Quotes
:
I'm thankful for Beverly Bond, Founder of Black Girls Rock, a former model,  renowned DJ, and now executive producer of an awards show, which is named after her organization, Black Girls Rock!. Black Girls Rock!, Inc is a nonprofit, youth empowerment and mentoring organization that introduces music, poetry and theater to women of color. The annual Black Girl Rock awards aired recently on BET  Co-Hosting for a second time were, Tracee Ellis Ross and Regina King.

As Beverly Bond continues to  bring such awareness to the forefront of what are some extraordinary, electrifying, and amazing women in our country. The essence of education and the background these woman exude is priceless, definitely  footsteps any woman would strive to walk in. This year after viewing the awards show I took away various profound quotes from the honorees. Although, many were shared two stood out for me that left a lasting imprint in my heart.




Janelle Monae, Face of COVERGIRL, and Singer
 
"Embrace what is unique even if it makes others uncomfortable."


 










 
Alicia Keys, Singer, Actress, Producer, Wife, and Mother
 
"No one knows you better than you, trust yourself". "We are more than capable. Be on fire and set the world  a flame."


There are a few other woman that I find to be FABULOUS WOMEN for various reasons, to see who they are please visit my Pinterest "FABULOUS WOMEN" Board.  I'll be adding to it weekly and should you have a suggestion, please share in the comment section below.


Until next time live FABULOUS...

Kimberly Clark



No comments:

Post a Comment