Sunday, July 17, 2011

PREVIEW BOOK PARTY~REWRITE YOUR STORY by SHIVAWN A. MITCHELL

Three things I'm all for is empowering, supporting, up-lifting others. One question I often get ask when being interviewed: What is Your Golden Nugget of Advice? Just one of my answers: On your journey to success remember to be a blessing to someone else that may be striving for where you are now. When ask by Shivawn Mitchell entrepreneur of the Love Movement Network if I would take part in her Preview Book Party "Rewriting Your Story". My immediate answer was I would be honored. Just a little background on how I have had the pleasure to know Shivawn. Shivawn & I initially meet through a networking group that wasn't the Love Movement Network, which anyone who knows me knows I'm extremely comfortable being the sociable butterfly. That immediate connection than spilled over to twitter, which then lead her to interview me for her Radio Show. We have since than built a bond that far exceeds social networking. So, if you want the truth that may not always be served on a pretty platter I'm the girl to come to. I Say What I Mean & Mean What I Say, but the deliver is often with "LOVE".

REWRITE YOUR STORY
by Shivawn A. Mitchell
Soon after me saying yes, I received Shivawn first chapter titled, Loving Him More Than Me. The title alone definitely got my attention and I said to myself this is going to be deep. I made sure not to have any interruptions so I could give all my attention to the 12 pages that she in-trusted me with. It's like turning over your precious baby to someone and saying don't drop them. "Big Pressure". I won't give you the full details of the chapter, but it hit a core with me. OK , I enjoying teasing just a bit so I'll share a paragraph of the chapter with you.

Rewrite Your Story by Shivawn A. Mitchell
A portion of Chapter 1: Loving Him More Than Me

I remember coming back home from work one day, thinking about how I was tired of chasing men and dating ones who had commitment issues. I pretty much was in a serious dating slump by choice. So, I decided, out loud, that with the next guy I dated, I was going to take it slow, no rushing into a relationship just because my marriage plan hadn't worked out.

The plan was that I would meet my husband in college, we would graduate, get married, have children, live in a nice house and attend church every Sunday. My plans so didn't work out that way.

This particular paragraph was a red flag for me. However, life is like being in school 24-7~365 days. You're learning something everyday, then tested. You either "APPLY" the lesson or "FAIL" in the process, but "NEVER" Give-Up. After reading the chapter and providing my feedback to Shivawn to then receive an email back from her making me aware referencing words of encouragement for a Blog post I had written awhile ago. The post made a huge impact on her, which in-turn she makes reference of in the book Rewrite Your Story. I had no idea of this when she initially came to me to be part of the preview book party. Which now I know the favorable blessing I'm currently working on is definitely GOD saying your steps are moving in the right direction.

Shivawn is headed in that right direction with her Love Movement Network who's mission is
living out visions eternally through a community of women and teens of all ethnicity's and various ages that are committed to increasing their awareness in personal growth, financial freedom, health-beauty wellness, and developing entrepreneurs. It is our mission to impact each others lives in a positive manner as well as our community and the next generation.


I'm confidant that her personal journey will assist other women in its never to late to Rewrite Your Story. After reading the first chapter I was on pins & needles wanting more. I'll be waiting for the mail man everyday until I received my autograph copy.

Now that the previewing party is over let's get started with the pre-order party via @ www.shivawnamitchell.com  Rewrite Your Story pre-orders will be available until August 31st. To view my preview party comments on Rewrite Your Story~Loving Him More Than Me

Until next time live FABULOUS...

No comments:

Post a Comment