Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Cutest Proposal Ever!

Shannon's Story: In the September issue of Glamour Magazine
Last weekend, while we were on a trip, my boyfriend Chris proposed to me (an unbelievably romantic, sweet and perfect proposal--a whole other wonderful story) during a romantic weekend trip while my daughter Emerson was visiting her father in New York. He also adores Emerson, my seven-year-old daughter, so he wanted to do something special to let her know we were becoming a family. So, when we picked up Emerson after our weekend trip, we all went down to a nearby creek. Chris asked me to stay near the path while he walked to the creek with Em to ask her something. Taking out a ring box, he got on one knee and asked her to do him the honor of becoming his step-daughter.
My heart swelled knowing not only was I getting this amazing man as my husband, but my little girl was getting a wonderful step-father who absolutely adores her. She said yes and ran to me with a huge smile and a hug. A few seconds later, she started crying but between sobs told me they were happy tears, which I don't think she's ever experienced before. It was a very special moment for all three of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment